Body/Chassis Design and Corrosion Protection (All)
Print as PDF
"Body/Chassis Design and Corrosion Protection (All)" Page
What’s the Benefit?
By designing against rust, corrosion and road damage, Honda engineers help ensure many years of reliable performance.
All Honda vehicles utilize unit-body construction.
• The body and frame are made of steel stampings robotically welded into strong box sections; the outer-skin panels contribute to the integrity of the unit body.
• Extensive corrosion protection is built in at the time of manufacture.
• All body panels are made of rust-resistant, electro-galvanized steel or aluminum alloy.
• Panels are joined to eliminate traps where water can collect, helping prevent rust.
• A special chip-resistant paint is applied along the lower body sides to fend off stone damage, and body seams are protected by a sealer that helps keep out dust and moisture.
• Plastic wheelwell liners, splash guards and rocker panels help protect the underside from chipping.