A beautiful, long-lasting finish enhances the enjoyment and value of all Honda products.
The Honda painting process involves several critical steps:
• Each body is cleaned and degreased, and then undercoated by immersion in a zinc-phosphate bath.
• The body is then dipped in a soluble, electro-deposited primer.
• To prevent dust and moisture from accumulating in critical areas, special sealants are sprayed into crevices and seams in the body.
• Areas of the body that are susceptible to stone and gravel damage are coated with a special anti-chipping primer.
• An intermediate primer coat is applied, followed by either a polyester-resin or acrylic-resin top coat.
• Metallic and pearlescent paints receive an additional clear coat.